Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday, Mondays

The weather around here is iffy. Some days we're in the 30's and other days we're in the 60's. All this wishy-washy weather makes me want to stay inside my warm house and craft. I've had lots of time to piddle around here and think. Here a couple of my random thoughts...indulge me, please.
  • As you know, I'm on a sock knitting binge. Ever since I learned how to this them past summer, I've been knitting nothing but. They're fun, addictive and (if you know how the knit and purl stitch) relatively easy. I think next on my list, I'd like to learn how to make these fun felted slippers. They pattern calls for recycling a sweater, so you save on the materials- bonus. :) Sadly, they call for crocheting, so I'll have to hit up my creative sister for a quick lesson.

  • Wednesday at 10am I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I'm terrified. I've never been 'put under' before. They're prescribing some sort of sedative to take before I come in. I'm also hoping they give me some gas before they insert the IV. I hate needles. I know I'll survive, but the anticipation is killing me. I'd appreciate some prayers to calm my nerves. 
  • Sometime in between my surgery and Christmas I've got to sew up a pillow. Each year Southern Hubby and I all exchange names with my three sisters for gifts. It started a few years ago when 3 out of 4 of us were in college and without dough. We discovered how much love go into homemade gifts when we each get to use our talents and the tradition stuck. This year I got my youngest sister. I'm making her a pillow. Somehow I'm going to teach myself the 'dresden plate' quilting pattern. Yeah, we'll see how that goes. I'd appreciate some prayers for that one, too.
What's been on your mind lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment