Saturday, July 10, 2010

Knit Wit

I've been doing a lot of things to keep myself busy this summer. Seeing as I only have a tiny apartment to keep tidy, I need lots to do or else I probably would go nuts.

One thing I've picked back up is knitting. I set a couple goals for myself this year, and learning how to knit socks was one of them. Marching myself down to the local knitting store, I picked up a $35 Lucy Neatby DVD, a $5 pattern, $10 double pointed knitting needles, and $20 worth of yarn. You'd think after spending that much and watching the DVD twice, I'd be a sock knitting guru...well, it didn't quite work out that way.

Frustrated beyond measure, I scanned YouTube, which is what I should have done in the first place. There was a plethora of free tutorials. Then the crafting angels smiled on me and I ran across some videos from Staci at Very Pink. Turns out all I had to do was spend $8 on one of her patterns and follow her YouTube sock tutorials. I've got to give it to Staci (who happens to be a native Texan), she knows what she's talking about. 

It took me a good couple days to get through them all but after finishing the first sock, I've been churning them out. They're a quick and satisfying project. And I like quick. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal, I guess.

The clouds are heavy today in north Texas. We're scheduled to get some rain. A perfect day to curl up with my needles.

Have a lovely Thursday.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment