Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Feet


A while back, I read the book Born to Run. While it wasn't the greatest book I've ever read, it was quite interesting. And it introduced me into the world of barefoot running.

Since then I've been on the treadmill trying to get the hang of it. It's different, but I like it. It's freeing. I like free.

When will the temperatures in Texas stop being 100+? I want to get off the treadmill. I want to get out on the pavement. I want to run and feel like the wind is carrying me.

But I'm not there yet. In fact, I 've got a long way to go. I'm no runner. Never have been. I used to hate it, in fact. But I want to overcome that hate. Cause I think it really was fear. Fear that I couldn't do it. Fear of failure. I don't want to be scared of running anymore.

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck. And send me all the awesome songs that motivate you to go that extra mile when you're working out. Thank you. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment