Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kiel James Patrick Comes to Texas!

When God doles out looks, brains, creativity, style, and business sense all to one person it can seem quite unfair. That is, until you realize that person is not only incredibly gracious, but also kind and generous as well.

Meet Kiel James Patrick. Owner and designer of the wonderfully successful brand that shares his name. When I first talked to Kiel, he seemed like a seriously down to earth guy, humble, well mannered and funny. I knew I had to get a couple of questions in to get to know him a bit better. :) I think I'm going to give Baba Wawa a run for her money!

HSC: What inspires your accessories? Where do you get your inspiration from?
KJP: Since I was a kid my eyes were always drawn to unusual outfit combinations… plaids with stripes, polka dots and zig zags, bright silk icon ties & bowties. I would truly say my inspiration comes from high society folk who dare wear those outfits that turn your head and make you grin, yet inside you wonder if you could pull it off yourself.


www.kieljamespatrick.com
HSC: Who are your style/fashion icons?
KJP: You will never see me browsing through any type of fashion publication unless it is pre 1960. Our studio is a historical museum of the originators in effortless American elegance. Bobby, Jack & Jackie are 3 icons that I am constantly looking to for guidance. I truly believe that members of a lifestyle company need to literally be living the lifestyle in order to truly understand and represent the company image. We do this by building our company the old fashion way utilizing skilled workers in our area to make products that will make older generation say “they make ‘em like they used to”.

HSC: If were deserted on a desert island, what 3 things would you take with you?
KJP: A Genie, The Hatch from LOST & plenty of sunscreen.

HSC: You carry yourself like a southern gentleman- humble, generous and gracious. Are you sure you weren't born in the South?
KJP: Hmmmm… you haven’t heard my Boston accent yet have you? I was brought up in the Ocean State by a loving Irish Catholic couple Jim & Jayne. They always taught me that I wouldn’t stand out much in life if I was arrogant, greedy & ill-mannered ; ) I suppose I have a southern heart with a strong love for the New England shores.

How cute is he?! Love those answers! Ok, now on to the goodies!

When I got my KJP products in the mail, I was astonished at how much attention was paid to details in the packaging.

Everything was wrapped in a preppy fabric and came tied with white string, lending an air of nautical preppiness to it all. I'm a sucker for details.
But not only were the details in the packaging, they also extended to the products themselves. Each bracelet is backed by cute fabric and comes with the signature KJP button. And on top of that, you get to choose what color you want your button to be!! Fun!
We're living in a headband world and I'm a headband girl! This is going to be just perfect for my summer dresses! And because it's a neutral style, I'll be able to wear it with so many things. Loving this guy's style even more!


You guys are in on the beginnings of the new 'it' boy. Head over to his shop and get some goodies for yourself. I swear, they are going to be the things to wear when the warm weather gets here. :) And PS for all the single ladies out there...he sends a postcard of his cutie patootie face with each order! Now if that isn't motivation to place an order, then I don't know what is! :)

Many thanks to Mr. Patrick for giving me a chance to review some of his awesome products and get in some nosy questions. ;) I wore some stuff this weekend and got many compliments. Can't wait for summer now!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment