Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Crunchy Chic

I'm getting crunchier by the minute, I swear.

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you'll know I have a slight addiction to beautiful leather purses and expensive J.Crew driving moccasins. You'll also be aware of the fact that I adore animals and am a proud card carrying member of Peta.

Can someone say contradicting interests much?

In my effort to de-Kate Spade myself, I've been trying to find animal friendly purses. Still on a high from the cuteness that is this preppy headband, I perused American Chic and found a super adorable purse!


Not only is this bag adorable with a capital A, but it's animal friendly, too! No leather in sight! When I got the bag in the mail, it came in its own dust bag and everything. I'm a sucker for the details. :) I was a bit skeptical at first, thinking it would be really obvious that it wasn't real leather, but this bag did not disappoint. It was made very well. Can't wait to do the whole 'to do' that is the changing of the purses. ;)

Now, I just had to take care of the shoes...

I was so surprised when I found out that Endless had a vegetarian shoe section. Eeeek!

Now if you're thinking animal friendly isn't chic, look at these babies!

Oh, how I love flats! And what I love even more is the philosophy of olsenHaus. Cruelty free fashion. Loving it! Y'all know I'm snatching these babies up just as soon as Lent is over!

I'm getting really excited to find that I can be stylish and still be conscious of my animal friends. :) And check out Alicia Silverstone's blog, the Kind Life. She has some great fashion and foodie inspiration. Totally wanting her book, too!

While I'm nowhere near where I want to be on this journey, I can feel myself becoming more and more conscious of what I put in and on my body. You have to start somewhere, right?

So, what are YOUR best cruelty-free finds?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment