Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"THE" House.

So, I told you we bought a house. It's true. It happened so fast, our heads are still spinning.

What I didn't tell you was that we haven't technically seen the house yet. (By the way, it makes me question my sanity just writing that out.) We've walked through the same model but it was only in the framing stages.


And we've driven by what the front of the house will look like... somewhat.


Our house will have a different stone color and there will be more of it on the front exterior. Our landscaping will be different, as will the brick color. And I haven't quite decided what sort of door I want. But basically, that's it.

And yet, we're in love. House love. Not lust. Honest to goodness house and neighborhood love.

If you'll remember from my Spilling the Beans post, there were many things I wanted in our next home. This house will have them all. The hand scraped wood floors, the huge kitchen island, the architectural niches and built ins, and the kitchen sink even has a window over it (For some reason, that seems just so sweet and quaint and I wanted one baaaad.) And Southern Hubby got the only thing he wanted- his media room.

God was really on our side that morning when we pulled in to the subdivision. There is no way we would have even tried to get into this neighborhood- God totally opened this door. We are so incredibly blessed.

And we're still getting about 1-2 house showings per day (which means I spend a lot of time in my truck or walking the dogs! lol) but so far, no contract. There's lots of interest and people talking to lenders, but nothing is set in stone. So, please, please still keep us in your prayers.

Thank you for all the wonderfully sweet words about our anniversary. We had a wonderful weekend and hopefully we'll get to celebrate it even more when we take our trip.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment