Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Little Shop

I've noticed that there are many wives on the blogs I read that have an Etsy shop. I just adore Etsy. I found some awesome gifts for Christmas this year on there and it has also been so kind as to afford me a little 'mad money'. Since May of this year, I have been an Etsy seller myself! :) I am a metals jewelry stamper and my favorite medium to work on is sterling silver. My shop is called Her Southern Charm, and it has really been a delight. The Lord has blessed my little business many times over and I couldn't be more grateful. I was so overwhelmed this holiday season with orders, that at times, I thought I would lose it! At least now, I'm better prepared for next Christmas!

I thought I'd give you a small peek at some of my favorite designs from this year, and a couple of new ones that I'm working on for 2009. I'm so excited! I've got all these ideas swirling in my little head and I just bought a new adorable font that I can't wait to show my customers!!! :)
One of my favorite peices because it is one of my favorite quotes from Scripture.
Walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
LOVE this one for the mamas out there. It's called "Branch Child" and represents that this child (or children) are each thier own parts of your beautiful family tree. Of course the only branch that me and Hubby have right now is our little Jackson. :)
Another super seller! I think it's the pearl that gets 'em...Oh goodness, what G.R.I.T.S gal
could ever resist pearls?!

This is my pride and joy! It was done for Ms. Kathy Cash herself!! She commissioned me to do my Walk the Line necklace and I just had to make her this one. On the other side, I've stamped 'Mama', as she used to call her, as well as the dates she lived. She was oh so sweet and couldn't be more gracious and thankful. I can't tell you how far my jaw dropped when I saw that she had ordered something from me. I was just speechless! And for me, that is saying something!

Anyhoo, on to some new ideas I have for next year. Let me know what yall think of them as well as the font. It's called Kismet and I just can't get enough of it. I've been stamping with it anything I can get my pretty little hands on! :)

This is cause I'm a serious "Take Care of Mama Earth" freak. You gotta do what you can. I just couldn't believe all the environmental issues that come up in the last election. Watching that commercial about the polar bears got me every time....I get teary just thinking about that baby polar bear trying to swim to his sweet mama. Recycle people! Walk! Buy used books! Use your library! Carry the non-disposable bags to the grocery store! (You can get some caa-ute ones at Tarjay or Central Market) Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox now.... ;)

Here's the new font! What do you think?

I did this one for a Yorkie Rescue group that I love to donate to. There are just so many sad stories on there. I always give my baby extra hugs and kisses after I read some. Please consider adoption before contributing to horrible puppy mills and "mall" pet stores. You'e saving a life and giving a soul a new family to love.

Simple and classic. :) I wear this one all the time with our initials.

Now let's see your treasures! What do you sell in your etsy shop or make for craft booths and shows? I'm just so amazed and blown away by some of yall's creativity. We are all so lucky that we are able to contribute to our family, no matter how small may be. And the fact that we can do it in our own sweet homes makes it that much more special.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment