Friday, December 26, 2008

A glimpse of my holiday home

Since I have been priviledged to be invited into a lot of your beautiful homes, I figured it was only right to take you on a mini Christmas tour of mine. Even though the holidays are over, I like to leave the tree and decorations up for a few more days. Then I start feeling behind on my house cleaning and am forced to take them down. ;) The pictures I'll be sharing are of the past couple of years at our new home. We've been here about three, so I'm sure you'll be seeing how my decor changes and moves.

Unfortunately, we're still newly married (well, in my eyes!) and have yet to accumulate a vast amount of holiday decorations. (Head over to Ruthann's place for a winter wonderland that will blow you away!) I like to go to Target and the antique shops for the after Christmas sales, but I also do my best to not break the bank, so my hubby won't be sweating bullets. :)

I've just discovered that you can get a lot of neat things at yard sales and the like. And they've opened a new TJ Maxx Homegoods nearby. My goodness, you should have seen my eye pop out when I walked in there for the first time! :) I'm sure at that same point, Hubby's heart started racing and he didn't quite know why...hee hee. I also get a lot of decor from craft malls, Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge, Joanns, and various antique shops. I need a garage sale buddy to head out on weekends with. Anyone in Texas?! :)

My buffet table in my dining room.

At the bottom of our stairs in the foyer. I'd love to add more to this area next year.

On the bar separating our kitchen from our living area.

I refill these jars by season. For Fall, they were filled with gourds and during the year, its filled with yummy potpurri. Maybe I can find some cute wooded Easter eggs for the Spring.

The door leading to my small laundry room.

A corner on my kitchen counter. I just love chickens! And the recipe for those cookies coming up on Monday!

I love the jingle sound this makes when someone I love walks through the front

I made a couple of these wooden prim signs last year. The previous pictures were a couple of my favorite ornaments.

Our fire place and mantle.

Christmas '07- The Loot (And no, this was not all for me. My immediate family comes over Christmas morning, so these are gifts for 8 adults and one very spoiled niece.)

A couple Christmases ago, my sweet MIL started giving me the Willow Tree Nativity Collection. I just love WT and am almost complete! This year, she gave me the 3 Wise Men. Next year, I'd love those cute stars. They're just too darling!

Our stair banister. I worked so hard on this darn banister! It's not how I envisioned, but I think it turned out ok. :)

Christmas '06 tree. This tree is decorated with primitive ornaments. I love the collection that Target had a couple years ago. It's what got me started. And I've been collecting ever since. :) Hubby and I get one special ornament each year. We've been doing it since before we were married and I hope it continues to be a family tradition.



I'll leave you with a picture of the cutest little puppers that ever lived! This is my baby, Jackson in his red Christmas thermal pajamas. (Hey, I've got to keep him warm! How much heat do you think 5 lbs of doggy would generate?! hee hee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment