Monday, January 25, 2010

Stools...it's not what you think!

Since I've been on this huge farmhouse kick, I've been dying to change out our current kitchen counter stools. Dying. I want a stool that is adorable, budget friendly, and fits my new decor obessesion. And I want it with rush seating. I love rush seating with a capital L.

These are the ones we currently have...



I got them forever ago at Target when they had that huge Global Market thing going on. But sadly, they're just there for looks. The woven seat is pretty flimsy and the legs can pretty much be bent by an 5th grader. It's funny to see people's eyes bulge when they sit on them, knowing that these charming, but useless, chairs are buckling under their weight. Other than an occasional laugh, they're pretty much good for nothing. (Although they *do* hold purses and shopping bags pretty well!)

Recently, I came across the site, All Barstools with nothing but gorgeous chairs! I got so excited! After searching Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, and even Craigslist, I found this to be the best selection with some darn good deals.






I am so loving these chairs, but I can't decide what will go best with my table and the kitchen decor- the black, or the linen/white color? (PS- My table is the one below...a creamy vanilla color with dark brown wood table and seat tops)



Or, dare I even think about a red? Would that be a bit much?


What do you think?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment