Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Daily Schedule



In an effort to pursue my goal of ::creating:: a welcoming home, I've revamped my daily schedule. If you've been reader for a while, you know that I follow a daily routine, which changes day by day. When I started working on my schedule last year, I took inventory of all the household chores I did in a week. I split them up according to section of the house and made a daily to do list.

Sometimes everything gets done. Sometimes nothing gets done. I'm working on my addiction to perfection because I like my house to be perfectly in order. But it's most certainly not. And perfection is not mine for the taking anyway- it's best left to God.

“. . . There have been wives who in their zeal for Christ’s work outside have neglected Christ’s work inside their own doors. . . . While they were winning a place in the hearts of the poor or the sick or the orphan, they were losing their rightful place in the hearts of their own household.

“Let it be remembered that Christ’s work in the home is the first that He gives to every wife, and that no amount of consecrated activities in other spheres will atone in this world or the next for the neglect or failure there.”                      
                                                               - from The Wife’s Part in The Family by J.R. Miller


Now this is where ya'll come in, well, at least my technology savvy gals. ;) I've scanned this in and uploaded it, but I know that does absolutely no good because you will need to adapt and edit it to suit your home's needs. Is there a free file sharing site that I can use to share this with everyone? I'd love to be pointed in the right direction!

Also, the fonts and little pictures can be found at Kevin and Amanda's website. Amanda is amazingly talented and shares all her goodies with you for free! Love it! Although this is not a requirement, you will need to download the fonts if you want to get it looking like mine. Oh, and if you're dying to use my handwriting, you can find those there. too. ;)


Once I can get this in 'file sharing' mode, I'll be going through the little sections with you, as well as explain my "5 Things" theory. Till then...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment