Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Drooling over Farmhouse Styles


As most of you have seen, my home is filled with dark woods, wrought iron, reds, tans, browns, etc. People have described it as 'old world', but my younger sisters describe it as 'old lady'. (At 19 and 21, they can't appreciate the fine art of a nicely placed wrought iron piece.)

But lately, I've been day dreaming about slowly changing my home to give off a more farmhouse feel. Do I know how I'm going to do it? No. But I can't help but drool over these inspiration pictures.



Even Pottery Barn has jumped on the farmhouse style bandwagon. Those quilts and that white, shabby table keep me up at nights.


Look at these wood ceiling beams! And the hardwood plank floor boards!


Oh, plank wood floors...why do you tempt me so?



I told Southern Hubby one of my non-negotiables in our next home is a kitchen sink that is in front of a window. I'm a big fan of natural light.


Kill me now, this kitchen is gawgeous!!!


Loving the iron bedframe!

Alright, alright. I'm done envying and wanting for now.

What home decor styles are YOU drawn to right now? Leave me a link so we can all take a peek!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment