Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On a mission..in search of equestrian prep





Ahhh....equestrian prep. For some reason, it's one of my fave styles of preppy fashion. Maybe it's the fitted blazers. Maybe it's the horses. Maybe it's the boots. Ok, it's definitely the boots.


Today, I'm on a mission to find some fabulous riding boots. I do intend to take these up to north for Christmas so I don't want to break the bank. ::FYI Southern gals, snow and leather do NOT mix. Seriously, northern preps, how do you keep your fashionable sense of style while keeping your body temperature above freezing?::


Quick embarassing story: My first trip with Southern Hubby (Southern Boyfriend at the time) occurred in February. My bags were packed full of my super cutest. It was the first time I was to meet his family, after all. My winter gear consisted of black leather pointy boots and a chic black leather car coat ::both of which were the height of fashion at the time:: I don't think I need to tell you what kind of looks this girl got when she headed into town... I was mortified. And f-f-freezing. A cute leather jacket could cut it in Dallas, but these people were bundled up like eskimos. Everyone was wearing parkas and work boots.  I guess up north, it's survival/comfort before fashion. To this day I still get comments about the city girl trying to make her way in the snow.



Again, back to the topic at hand...I fully intend to find some boots online. ::I do not feel like braving the malls today. A J.Crew trip yesterday left me worse for wear. So, I'm all about staying in my flannel pj's with my hot cup of coffee::


I don't know if I can do it, but I want to stay in the $150-$200 range. I'll hit up the usual online stores but I plan on scoping out a couple of new ones I recently heard about. If I go in with a positive attitude, I know it will happen! Wish me luck!!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment