Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I can feel the winds of change coming...

And what perfect timing- the new year. Another chance to get things right. Does anyone else love this time of year because of all the possibilites it brings? I feel my slate wiped clean. I feel renewed and ready to get back into my routines after a month of holiday cheer.

My mind has been full of all kinds of ideas...swirling and fluttering around. So much so, that I needed to take to paper to get them all in order. {{I'm a 'list-making' kind of a girl, thanks to my daddy, so I feel much better once I get things written out and orderly.}} The main ones have to do with ever growing my relationship with God, getting my house to feel more welcoming, volunteering options, and getting more organized in my shop.



One thing I wanted to try this year was to give myself a word- a word that would symbolize me and the life I choose to lead in 2010. I wanted this word to influence any decisions I'd encounter or to inspire my way of living. I want to focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon this word as I go about my daily life... a sort of simple motto for the year.

And the word I chose was: create.

Not only does it serve to give me a reminder of the things I need to be doing daily...create a loving home for my family, create healthy and wholesome meals, create new designs for my jewelery, ect. but it also seemed to encompass the main goals I had for the year as well...

:: create a hospitable and welcoming home ::
:: create a deeper relationship with God ::
:: create peace throughout my home ::
:: create more opportunities for adventure and fun ::
:: create and cultivate a new friendships ::
:: create organization in my home ::
:: create

I'll touch on these more individually in the next post. But for now, why don't you grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit in a quiet area and think of word, too. Remember that this is your word. You don't have to fit it around any one else's life but yours.

I'd love to know if you decide to take on this challenge. Let me know what word you choose... or simply hold it close to your heart.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment