Sunday, December 13, 2009

Not feeling it

I don't know what it is, but lately I have SO not been feeling like blogging. Maybe it's the many many (many!) orders I got that I had to complete all by my lonesome. Maybe it's the tension and migraines that will not seem to go away. Maybe it was the Thanksgiving decoration that literally just came down last Tuesday (I told you I was busy!). Maybe it's that I'm still not caught up on laundry. (Y'all, it got so bad Southern Hubby volunteered to help me! Bless his heart- he can't fold a t-shirt to save his life. And I've taught him step by step- twice! But I digress...) But whatever it is, I've been neglecting my little blog, and for that, I'm sorry.


And I feel like I've been neglecting my home. (Seriously, how do you career women balance your home lives with your careers? It's been tough and any woman that works and manages to put a home cooked meal on the table in a neat and tidy home with joy still in her heart deserves an award in my book!) It's gotten to the point where I think I need to scale back on my business and re-focus my attention on home and family. After all, that is why I quit teaching in the first place.


Spiritually speaking, I also feel like I've been neglecting my relationship with God. I still pray and we attend church, but I don't spend time on prayer and in my bible studies as much as I used to. At this time last year, I was rising long before Southern Hubby, when it was still dark. I'd put on a pot of coffee, gather my books and my bible and spend at least one hour (often more) reading, listening to wonderful podcasts, taking notes, praying, journaling- anything that put my day's focus on God. And I did this every single morning. I didn't dread it. I looked forward to it and relished in the quite time with me and Him.


I've only got a week before my routine is distrupted again (we're heading to Southern Hubby's home state to spend Christmas with his family before coming back to Texas to spend it with mine) but I want to make that week as organized and as uneventful as possible. I'm getting/doing a couple of things to make sure that happens:




* re-vamping my Daily Checklist
* continuing my yoga classes at the gym
* just purchased this re-fillable monogrammed journal from Jenni Bick for my bible studies. (LOVE that place) Of course I got the pink. And not only is it re-fillable (hooray for less waste) but it's not real leather. Any time I can get simulatedleather for something, I'm totally game. Makes me fill less guilty for all my Kate purses, I guess. lol) Not only is my old journal almost full, but there's something about a fresh start that gets me excited about organization.
* going to library to look for books on how to start meditating. My doctor actually told me this may help my migraines. At this point, I'm ready to give anything a shot.
* Getting back in the habit of reading all the homemaking blogs that used to give me encouragement, support, ideas and make me feel good about being a homemaker, like this one, this one, and this one.


Wish me luck! :) I'll be back soon with our holiday decorations. Have a great monday, y'all!
xoxo

UPDATE: Just re-did my daily checklist and it totally kicks butt! Can't wait get time to post it for y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment