Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My friend, Brooke.


I have a sweet friend. Her name is Brooke. I went to high school with her back in the 90's (I swear, I'm not old).

I was invited to her wedding to her then fiance, Andie, but for whatever reason, I couldn't attend. I regret that now. Theirs was a monumental love. One I get jealous of when Southern Hubby does something dumb like leave his socks on the floor.

In 2009, they were blessed with beautiful twin girls, even though Brooke had a heart condition that made even one pregnancy high risk. God blessed both girls with health, laughter and their mother's beauty.

This past June, Andie died suddenly while on family vacation. Brooke was laying in bed right next to him. He was only 34. Brooke was 29 and the girls were 10 months old. And it was just 2 days before Andie's first Father's Day.

When I pray about Brooke and Andie, sometimes I get frustrated with God. Why would He, in all His power and grace, take away a man that contributed to this world for the better. He was a husband. A sherrif. A new father. A best friend. A son. A brother. A protector. A provider.

It is something I'll probably never understand. I know He has his reasons. I just don't get them.

I have no other reason to be writing this post other than I hurt so much for Brooke. I was hoping my readers could lift her up in prayer today. She has an amazing blog that chronicles the grief she feels as she navigates the world of widowhood. It is a wonderful, award-winning blog and Brooke is an excellent writer. Please visit her and say a prayer for her and her sweet babies.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 
                                                2 Corinthians 1:3-4



No comments:

Post a Comment