Tuesday, August 31, 2010

i ::heart:: faces: photojournalism

Here is my entry for this week's I Heart Faces challenge: Photojournalism.


In March, my best friend, Sky, got married. The last of my girlfriends to tie the knot, we were beyond thrilled. I've known this gal since the 7th grade, when we couldn't figure out which end of the cigarette to light (seriously) and she's remained a big part of my life ever since. I love her as family.

As a bride on your wedding day, you're ecstatic. But you're also on the verge of passing out at any moment. Between last minute snafus, the potential nightmare of an aisle trip on your poufy dress and your weepy mama, you're on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

OK, not all brides are like this. Maybe it was just me.

It definitely wasn't Sky. She was beyond chill. Cool as a cucumber. She's always been the laid back one. I'm the Monica.

And I think I captured her laid-backness and ethereal beauty in this shot.





No comments:

Post a Comment