Friday, April 9, 2010

Thank You Cookies & Dishtowel

I know I mentioned it previously, but we hadn't technically seen the house we were going to spend lots of dough on. We saw the floorplan, saw the elevation, but never saw it actually built out with walls and stuff. (Yeah, you're not the first person to think I lost my mind.)

Thankfully, Mr. and Mrs. Same Floorplan came along and opened up their home to us! We were able to see the house with real life walls (imagine that!) and fully furnished. We were so grateful. Not only did we get a real sense of the house but they also let us in on some design and building tips they learned while they built.

They live just around the corner from our future home so I wanted to make sure to thank them for their hospitality. I decided to bake them some chocolate chip and walnut cookies from my favorite cookie book and deliver it to their doorstep. I've done this before several years ago to welcome a couple across our street to our neighborhood. They loved it (why don't people do things like this anymore?!), so thought I'd try the idea again.

To add some pressure to myself, cause I don't have enough stress, I thought I'd dabble in whipping up my own dishtowel. I've been dying to try a project from this book I got for Christmas and this was the perfect opportunity.


Man, I love patchwork. I was so intimidated to try it at first, but it's not bad at all.

However, it wasn't as easy to 'whip up' as I thought it would be. I needed to teach myself a mini lesson on mitering corners. And hemming the edges gave me some trouble just cause I was working with some tiny hem lengths.

In the end, I think it all turned out just fine. The dishtowel didn't look completely homemade and the cookies turned out delicious! :)

I'll have to continue this story later cause we decided 100% we're going with a different floorplan now. (I told you we are some crazies!) We're very, very excited in this change of plans.

I won't lie. I had one of the extras for breakfast this morning.

I'll update soon! Have a fab weekend, y'all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment