Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm a peeping Tom

I'll admit it. I'm addicted to snooping. Especially when it comes to homes. Make that beautiful homes. Make that beautiful, fully decorated homes. (Free decor ideas, y'all!)

I don't think I've mentioned anything yet, but we sold our house a couple weeks ago. :) We were beyond thrilled but are just hoping all keeps going well as we don't close until May. We were very surprised to have sold it so quickly, but are so thankful. God is awesome.

With that being said, we'll be spending the upcoming summer in an apartment while our new home is getting built. Oh, and about that- we're thinking about building a different floor plan. The one we're eyeing is little bit bigger than the one we originally signed on for, but the kitchen just blew me away. I fell in love with it. *BUT* because the house is bigger, it takes up more of an already cramped backyard. So, that was my biggest worry. I was hoping to put a pool in someday and every January, I get these lofty dreams of planting a vegetable garden. :( We're still trying to decide on which plan we should purchase.

*****

Ok, on to the peeping! (DISCLAIMER: This is NOT my house. It is of a model that is in our neighborhood.)

Because Southern Hubby is really a 14 year old boy in a 31 year old's body, we're up cruising our new street pretty much every day. I try to tell him that we're just passing a big rectangle of dirt, but he can't help himself. He's wildy giddy. We've wanted into this particular neighborhood for SO long. Ok, ok. I'm wildly giddy, too.

And I don't mind obliging him on this trips because, A. It's only 7 minutes from our current home, and, B. I make him stop at the model homes so I can snoop around and take pictures. I figured y'all wouldn't mind if I shared. :)

  I swoon over this entrance and staircase.

 This color palette is gawgeous! But unfortunately won't work with my current dining room set.


 I told Southern Hubby I wanted to be buried in this kitchen.

 I know I'd probably never use that little reading/desk nook off the breakfast nook, but I wanted it.

 Bad.

 Really bad.




 I want to marry this chair. Like, for real.

 Hello!


None of the other rooms made the cut cause I didn't have time to make it upstairs. But I'm sure we'll be back again soon. And I can get those and the other model home for ya! There are some fab decorating ideas in these pictures!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment