Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spilling the Beans

I've decided about whether or not to mention this on my blog just because we weren't 100% sure but I think we're getting there.

Southern Hubby and I are moving.

This may not be earth-shattering to you but it is to me. I hate moving. Like loathe it. Packing my clothes, wrapping each individual plate and wine glass, moving our beds. Ugh. It's just too much.

But right now, with the lower interest rates and such, Southern Hubby thinks it is a most opportune time to add square footage and some little house 'treats' we don't really need, but would like. You see, this house will be the one we keep for a long time. We're thinking 15 years or so. (Did you know the average American family moves every five years? And did you know that in August it will be five years since we built and moved in our house? We're so typical, huh?)


So, I told him that it has to have certain things for me to be happy. I'm not going to move just because. We then proceeded to make a list of things we'd both like in our house...things that are non-negotiable.



Mine were...


1. Exposed wood beams



2. a kitchen island



3. custom built ins/architectural niches


 4. hand scraped wood floors

Then we made a list of things I'd love to have but are not required... but I'll get to those in the next post. Let me show you the one thing Southern Hubby needed/wanted/had to have. Period.



Men... hmmph!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment