Sunday, May 8, 2011

Am I Ready?


How do you know when you're ready to have a baby?

No, seriously. I'm really asking you.

Cause I'm at my wits end. With the passing of my 31st birthday on May 1st, I'm realizing that I'm not getting any younger. The motherhood years are passing me by- quickly. {Where did last year go?!}

I know it's in for Hollywood stars to have babies in their mid-forties, but I'm a bit scared of doing that.
I know it's in to put off motherhood, but what if I wait too long?
I know I can always adopt (and would seriously think about it), but what if I want a little Southern Hubby running around?

With all these thoughts running around in my head, I still can't put off that nagging feeling that I'm not ready to let go of this life yet. I'm not ready to share my life with someone else besides my husband. I'm not ready to give up sleep. I'm not ready to rearrange my entire life. I'm not ready. And that thought overrides all the oohs and ahhs I give at baby showers, and the little soft feeling I get in the middle of my stomach when I see a mother coddling her newborn.

For now.

So, now I ask you- When did you know you were ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment