Thursday, June 11, 2009

Smallest Blessings Thursday

Seems I stirred up some controversy with my Mrs. Southern Hubby post! All I can say is that I stand by my words. Having his name as mine makes me feel loved, taken care of and respected. However, I will say that I dropped my middle name and made my middle name my maiden name. I have three sisters and thus, my daddy's name will stop with us. And I just couldn't let it go. It was a part of me for 24 years and I just couldn't part with it. I didn't hyphenate because I wanted to be able to use Mrs. Southern Hubby but still keep my full name.

Anyways, enough of that! On to Smallest Blessing Thursdays.

I know I said we had just started our Dave Ramsey envelope system, however, the real reason we did our budget was to see if I was able to afford to make the monthly payments on an RV with my business profits. Turns out, I was! I've wanted an RV since forever and I'm sooo excited we are able to get one!

We're only looking at smaller travel trailers since it's just us two and the pups and we're first time RVers. Plus, my SUV can only tow a maximum of 5,500 lbs.

We spent last weekend traveling all over the place looking at RVs. We've worked out the kinks with insurance and our bank and are thinking of buying one this weekend. The one I'm looking at is Coachmen. We were looking for new and used but ended up finding a wonderful deal on a brand new one, so we'll probably get that one. It fits all our needs. If we like it when we see it in person and decide to purchase it, I'll be sure to share pictures.

So, for my smallest blessing, I'm so thankful for all the memories we will make out on the road. I'm thankful that my business is thriving and that I'm able to not even touch Southern Hubby's paycheck. I'm thankful that even in this economy, we are able to make purchases like this. We are truly blessed.

What are you thankful for?
Happy Smallest Blessings Thursday!
xoxo Y
PS- Why is Mr. Linky still acting up?! Hopefully this one will work.


No comments:

Post a Comment